Log-in to Amazon Smile and choose Army Scholarship Foundation as your Charity of choice.
The CFC organization number for donations is # 24394
The Texas SECC organization number for donations is # 286001
Photo courtesy of
Fort Drum PAO
The Buffalo Soldiers Book
Apply for a Scholarship
Eligibility for ASF Undergraduate Scholarships
- Be sons or daughters of regular active duty, active duty Reserve, or active duty National Guard U.S. Army members in good standing, OR
be spouses of serving enlisted regular active duty, active duty Reserve, or active duty National Guard U.S. Army members in good standing, OR
be sons or daughters of former U.S. Army members who received an honorable discharge or medical discharge, or who were killed while serving in the U.S. Army.
- Be high school seniors, high school graduates, or registered as undergraduate students at an accredited college or post high school vocational/technical institution.
- Have a 2.0 grade point average on a 4 point system.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Not have reached their 24th birthday by the application deadline date in the year they apply if they are a child of an Army member.
- Not have previously earned a bachelor's degree from a college or university.
Applicants must submit the following postmarked no later than April 15th of the application year:
- the appropriate application form (see below),
- a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a fully completed SAR (Student Aid Report),
- a signed copy of the appropriate income tax return for the previous year (see application and FAQ for more details),
- a certificate of good service or the parent's/spouse's DD 214,
- a high school transcript and transcripts from all post high school educational institutions if applicable,
- an essay (see instructions),
- a photograph
Download the Application
Instructions for ALL Applications
Adobe Acrobat format
Application for children of soldiers Microsoft Word format Adobe Acrobat format
Application for spouses of soldiers Microsoft Word format Adobe Acrobat format
Have a question that wasn't answered here? Try the