Log-in to Amazon Smile and choose Army Scholarship Foundation as your Charity of choice.
The CFC organization number for donations is # 24394
The Texas SECC organization number for donations is # 286001
Photo courtesy of
Fort Drum PAO
The Buffalo Soldiers Book
Tips for Applicants
1. Be sure to read the application instructions and the FAQ on the web site before beginning.
2. Submit a COMPLETE application package. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. Most common missing items are the applicant social security number, photo, tax return, and the Student Aid Report/Free Application for Federal Student Aid (this is usually a 5-10 page document).
3. Please be sure to include your college major in the application if at all possible. Some of our scholarships are reserved for specific major fields of study. If no major is indicated, the applicant would not be eligible for these awards, thus reducing chances of selection.
4. The award selection process is very competitive; college level students are encouraged to include high school leadership activities and other information in order to enhance chances of selection.
5. The best essays are typed, double spaced.
6. Try to only use acronyms which are widely known; otherwise write out acronyms.
7. Endeavor to completely fill out the application forms. Incomplete sections can lead to questions by our reviewing committee.
8. Applications must be mailed. See the instructions for mailing address and envelope guidance.
Dowload these tips